Nikki Haley‘s husband, William Michael Haley, is known as a commissioned officer in the South Carolina Army. He specializes in Security Cooperation. 

The couple has been together for 26 years. They married in September 1996 and have been known as an ideal couple for many years. 

Together they share two children, one daughter Rena Haley, who is 25 years old, and one son Nelin, who is 21 years old.

The couple met for the first time at Clemson university, where they both studied, and they fell in love with each other. At that time, Nikki Haley was 17, and her husband Michael was 19.

Later they both graduated in business administration. As per sources, Michael Haley worked at Nikki Haley’s clothing store during his studies. 

Later he served his duty in human resources for the South Carolina Army National Guard as a technician for around eight years.

As per sources, Nikki’s mother and father did not approve of Michael’s proposal when he asked them for their marriage, and it was Nikki who decided that he should go by his middle name, Michael, instead of his first name, Bill.

The longtime couple belongs to different religions, one belongs to the Sikh faith, and the other is Methodist. Once Nikki Halley told in her interview with the New York Times in 2010, “I was born and raised with the Sikh faith, my husband and I were married in the Methodist Church, our children have been baptized in the Methodist Church, and currently we attend both,” 

Nikki Haley’s husband had been serving his duty in Afghanistan in 2012 for an extended period as captain of the South Carolina Army National Guard. He and his unit were posted in the Helmand Province, and they helped local farmers to develop farming techniques.

Mr. Haley is the first spouse of a governor to serve on active duty in a war zone, and he was appropriately nicknamed GOSC by the marines serving with him, which stood for First Gentleman of South Carolina.

Nikki Haley announced her 2024 US presidential bid

Former South Carolina governor and UN envoy Nikki Haley declared her candidature for president of the United States in 2024. 

“Now is not the time to hold back. Now is the time for a strong and proud America,” she tweeted, linking to a campaign video.

There will alway be critics and cowards. That’s never stopped me before.

Now is not the time to hold back. Now is the time for a strong and proud America.

Change is coming. Get excited! 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/00YKFDp2Be

— Nikki Haley (@NikkiHaley) February 8, 2023

She is the second prominent Republican to enter the race after her ex-employer, Donald Trump, announced his candidature in November. 

The third Indian American to run for president is Ms. Haley. The 51-year-old former governor declared in 2021 that she would not run against Mr. Trump for president. 

She has since changed her mind, emphasizing the necessity of “generational transformation.”

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunC6yKSiomWYlrmmxYyhrKyakaOxbsPIpaOimZ1iuqqvx5qcpWWYpMRusMidZKGdXae2tLGMraZmnpGisnA%3D