We are not exaggerating when we claim that The Princess Diaries 1 & 2 were “the” movies of our youth. The Meg Cabot novel series adaptations from 2001 and 2004 with Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews have long been considered classics and are the best nostalgic pick-me-ups for today’s youth.

To our disappointment, after years of chatter about a sequel, nothing ever came of it. The wait appears to be ended, though, since it has been claimed that Disney is in the very early phases of developing a third film. Please pinch us!

In The Princess Diaries, a modest American teen named Mia Thermopolis (Anne Hathaway) discovers that she is the heir to the throne of a small European nation. Mia must choose whether she wants to accept the title of princess that she inherited or entirely reject it, with the help and oversight of her estranged grandmother (Julie Andrews) and Genovia’s queen. We know all about The Princess Diaries 3, including the release date.

The Princess Diaries 3 Movie Release Date

A release date was not specified since November 15, 2022, when Princess Diaries 3 was revealed. It will probably take some time before we learn when the movie will premiere because plot elements and casting rumors are also being kept under wraps.

Trending Articles:

The Princess Diaries 3 Movie Cast

Sadly, the cast has not yet been revealed because the movie is still in its early phases of development. This indicates that it is still unknown if the original characters will return. Julie Andrews, who announced she most likely wouldn’t reprise her role as Queen Clarisse Renaldi, is one person we know who won’t make a comeback.

Julie Andrews, 84, Says She Wants To Do The Princess Diaries 3 Movie Soon https://t.co/7174aPrqv6 pic.twitter.com/XkwvOuNRMc

— BallerAlert (@balleralert) April 29, 2020

The Hollywood Reporter interviewed her in honor of her AFI Life Achievement Award. she said: “I think it would be too late to do it now. Especially me; it’s too far down the line now to go back to it. It’s a lovely thought, but I don’t think it would probably be possible.”

Julie Andrews provided another update in December, stating that she believed it was doubtful she would feature in the upcoming movie. Speaking to Access Hollywood, Julie said: “I think we know that it’s probably not going to be possible.

“I am that much older, and Annie [Hathaway], the princess, or queen, is much older. And I am not sure where it would float or run. In terms of us doing it, I doubt that now.” However, Anne Hathaway has previously expressed a strong desire to rejoin the franchise and revealed to Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live in 2019 that a draft for the third film already existed.

Anne Hathaway can see why it's a bit frustrating for fans of "The Princess Diaries" following the third movie news https://t.co/ZGoXHJEpNS

— JustJared.com (@JustJared) January 23, 2023

However, she recently admitted to “pushing for it” and saying that she “would more than entertain it” in an interview with Entertainment Tonight. “If there’s any way to get Julie Andrews involved, we would make it work. We would go to where she was and put a green screen behind her and make it happen,” she added.

Trending News:

We genuinely hope the details we provided satisfy your needs. If you liked this article, kindly share your ideas in the comments.

ncG1vNJzZmiokZeusLqNnKamZ6Sdsm680aKlnJ2jqHqltcCroJ6rXWh6rrvVopxmqpWhsqK%2FxGabmqyVZA%3D%3D